Sunday, July 27, 2014

Style It: Blue Denim

Hey guys, today I'm going to show you how I like to style different denim pieces 4 different ways! I feel like denim is a bit tricky to wear, mainly because it can go a bit awry so easily (ie. dark wash jeans with a similar wash jacket--not my fave combo). Today I'll be styling some jean shorts, a button-up denim skirt, some flare jeans, and lastly my denim jacket!

1. Shorts & Statement
So I may or may not have matched my hair tie
to my necklace...
*totally non-chalantly smelling a hibiscus
because it went with my flower theme ok*
top: Lord & Taylor
shorts: Ditto Jeans
shoes: (hidden lol) Jack Rogers in Platinum
necklace: J. Crew

Usually, denim shorts aren't really my cuppa tea (I prefer my chinos!), but I actually love this look! For me, it has a bit of a boho vibe, especially with the loose fitting shirt. Of course, I added my favorite classic J. Crew rose necklace for bit of color and loved how it looked!

2. Button Down Bottoms


top: Lord & Taylor
skirt: Buffalo by David Bitton
scarf: Tory Burch (thanks mom!)
shoes: Tory Burch (thanks again mom!)

When people hear denim skirts, they most likely are (or at least I am!) reminded of those denim skirts worn back in elementary school with the sequined/ tie dyed pockets, rhinestones.... should I even go on?! But when I saw this adorable skirt in Lord and Taylor (and on sale for 40% off!), I had to snatch it up! Paired with this pom-pom scarf courtesy of my fab mom's closet, I think it erases any trace of my past denim skirt phase (oy vey).

3. Ruffle and Flare
rather odd pose, but at least my highlights
look pretty cool


candid shot featuring my bathing
suit tan line
top: Lilly Pulitzer (old)
jeans: Tractr brand
shoes: Vintage (thanks again, mom!)

This year, especially this spring, I feel like flare jeans have totally reinstated themselves as a fashion staple! Originally I was in search of a light wash pair, but when I tried on these gems, they fit perfectly! While I like to pair them with some chunky heels like in the photos, I also love how they look with my Jack Rogers.

4. The Jacket


top: Anthropology
pants: J. Crew Factory
denim jacket: Gap
shoes: Tory Burch

I feel like a denim jacket is a necessity/staple item for anyone's closet! There are so many styles/fits/washes that you really can't go wrong. My pants were a recent purchase from J. Crew factory, which I got for a total steal! These are the Winnie Pants, which happen to be my all-time favorite style of pants in existence because they just fit me so well. I definitely recommend them! My Anthropology shirt is a new favorite as well, I just love the ruffles (especially on the back!)!

I hope you all enjoyed this post, let me know you favorite outfit! Talk to you next week
Until next time,
                          Ti :)

P.S. You won't BELIVE what I found (in abundance, might I add!) at J. Crew Factory. Yes, it's the famous, coveted herringbone vest! Personally, I hold the unpopular opinion and passed this one up, but I had to snap a photo ;)


2 comments:

  1. Hey Tianna! Cute outfits! The 3rd outfit is my favorite because it's just so different and I would never thought of pairing that shirt with flare jeans!!!!!!!! I nominated you for the Liebster Award!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Funday: Monogram DIYs!

Hi guys! Today, I thought I'd share some simple and fun DIY projects with you. I've had a crazy and jam-packed couple of days last w...