Thursday, July 24, 2014

School Year Motivation+Recap

Hi guys! I know that my posts have been coming at different times, but now that I won't be traveling as much the rest of the summer, I'm planning on going back posting Sundays :)

A long-story-short recap of my summer thus far:
-A trip to Mexico
How adorable is this beach-y
cake made for me & my friends?!















-2 track camps at colleges
In Boston, we found a cupcake shoppe
with PINK LEMONADE cupcakes
 (with straws)!! I DIED
Packed up (for the second time!)


























-Working a few days a week
-Babysitting
-...And of course, the dreaded summer work/SAT prep


Basically, I've felt like I had been arriving home just to be whisked away on another trip! Don't get me wrong, I'm so grateful I've been able to go on these trips, but I'm glad to be home for a while :)

On another note, let's talk about something that nobody wants to give a thought about: SCHOOL. Without further delay, here are some of my tips on preparing yourself to conquer the new year!

1. Understand what has to get done
I feel like doing this helps me mentally configure how long it'll all take and what I can do first.

I mapped out my work for the summer, entailing:
-reading 2 novels
-reading a rather large packet for APUSH
-completing a smaller packet for Spanish 4H
-SAT prep

I know this can overwhelm some people, but just take it one step at a time!

2. Take some time to unplug
I don't know about you, but I feel like I'm always on every social media site when I'm bored, stressed, etc. Recently, I manned up and actually *gasp* logged out of every social media account I have on my phone (yes, even Pinterest!), and I already see a difference in my productivity!

Also, a while back I downloaded the "SAT Question of the Day" app, which I totally recommend! It essentially gives you either an english or math question every day to answer!



3. Make it pretty to get excited!
I'm a believer in this 100%, people! For APUSH, we are required to take notes in the "Cornell Notes" format (pretty annoying). But it doesn't have to be thaaat painful of an experience! I love to use colored post-its, pens, you-name-it to get motivated.

I also have a white-board on my cork board wall (see more of that in my room tour!), and I recently started to write SAT words & their meanings on it! THIS HAS TOTALLY HELPED ME! I find myself not only remembering them, but using them (really!) throughout the day as well.
I'm also redecorating/ arranging my boards... more on that
in another post ;)

4. Be early to pick up some school supplies
I know it makes the summer mood dissipate, but don't wait until the week before to get supplies! Chances are everyone will be in a mad dash to get binders and such, and before you know it, you'll be stuck with some not-so-great color binder. Yes, I know not EVERYONE cares about this, but I'm rather crazy excited when it comes to new school supplies ;)
Be as early as possible to pickup review books!
Those go quick too!
                                

That's all for today! I'm super excited and ready to get back to my normal posting schedule, and am planning a fun fashion post that will be up on Sunday! 

Until next time,
                         Tianna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Funday: Monogram DIYs!

Hi guys! Today, I thought I'd share some simple and fun DIY projects with you. I've had a crazy and jam-packed couple of days last w...