Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sunday Funday: Monogram DIYs!

Hi guys! Today, I thought I'd share some simple and fun DIY projects with you. I've had a crazy and jam-packed couple of days last week, but I'm so glad to be back :)

1.  Boot Decals
What you'll need: pair of rain boots, vinyl sticker paper (usually sold in the scrapbook section), an x-acto knife
*I actually did this DIY a few months ago, and can say that this vinyl is AMAZING! I've worn these boots in torrential downpours and blizzards, and the stickers have held up so well!

I had this idea when I found this pastel pink vinyl paper at Michael's, and knew I had to do it! I didn't include pictures because it seemed a bit redundant, but I basically just printed off my monogram then traced it on to the vinyl, and cut it out! 

I highly suggest using a font that's not in cursive, mainly because it can be tricky to cut it close enough; but hey, if you're up for the challenge or have the time, go for it! I loved how the pink looked on my pastel blue hunter boots, and can't wait to get some more use out of them this fall.

2. Personalized iPhone Case
What you'll need: a clear phone case, scrapbook paper/ pattern, scissors or an x-acto knife, sharpie (optional) 


Let me preface this one by saying I definitely DID NOT invent this idea! I just put my own little spin on it :) I love this idea because it's simple, quick, and I always get tons of compliments!
I picked up this adorable gold scrapbooking paper at A.C. Moore, and honestly did a bunch of trial and error to cut it into the perfect shape to fit the back of my phone.

You could also cut out a picture, like I did of my monogram, then stick it in the middle of the case.

I've done this so many times before, especially with cute group pictures with friends. I also think it'd make a great holiday gift for a family member!


3. Monogram Fonts
What you'll need: ... a computer to download them! :)

I feel like I've always been searching for a nice looking script font for monograms, which can be tricky to find. I compiled a few of my favorites below!

  • Cursif *(I found out that a company who sells monogram decals uses this font!)*


4. Monogram Canvas
What you'll need: a canvas (ha), acrylic paint, a large circular object to trace, Command hooks

This might be my favorite DIY! Unfortunately though, I have no rhyme or reason on how to create the letters since I just free-handed them. The best tip I can give is to trace something like a smaller garbage can so that you have a circle to follow if you're creating a circle block monogram like I did. Also, I used duct tape to create clean like on letters with straight edges, like the T.


I love how it looks with the coral on my pillow and with the lights I put up!


That's all for today! Hopefully you got some inspiration from my ideas; I think any one of them would make great holiday gifts!

Until next time,

Ti




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Funday: Monogram DIYs!

Hi guys! Today, I thought I'd share some simple and fun DIY projects with you. I've had a crazy and jam-packed couple of days last w...