Friday, August 1, 2014

Liebster Award! {What it is & What you do!}


Hi guys! Today I am beyond excited to write today's post, because I was nominated for something called the Liebster Award! I was nominated by Itunu of Beyoutiful Beauties, and you should totally check out her blog as well :)


            

So let's say you're like me, a rather enthusiastic blogger who is quite clueless when it comes to tags and such. You're probably wondering what is this post?? With a bit of research and reading other people's cool posts, I think I finally get it! This tag helps bloggers connect and discover new blogs/bloggers, which I think is great for bloggers who may be new but don't know who to follow! Here are the rules:


1. Post 11 facts about yourself.

2. Answer the 11 questions created by the person who nominated you.

3. Create your own set of questions for the people you are going to nominate.

4. Choose 11 people (who have under 200 followers) to nominate, and link them to your blog.

5. Let the people you've nominated let them know they've been tagged. No tag backs!

So here are my facts!
1) Most people tend to spell my name with one "n", but it has 2! It's also pronounced Tee-on-uh (like the princess ;) I also go by just "Ti"

2) I have always been very athletic, and very involved in every sport since I was little!

3) I recently quit soccer in order to focus on track recruitment in college (I mainly do high jump!)

I cleared it, I swear!
4) I think of myself as creative/crafty, and love DIYs and sewing!
Super easy DIY pocket tank!
5) I have close to 20 notebooks in my closet, all of which contain short stories and novels that I used to love to write! (Pre-blogging era ;)

6) I have an older and a younger brother, both of which are 3 years in age from me and who both have names with the letter T!

7) I live in a VERY preppy town (AKA most boys wear pastel pants to fit in)
Exhibit A: My brother's closer
8) I have a rather obsessive fascination with monograms

9) I get really exited when someone notices my blog (a follow, +1, comment, anything!)

10) I plan to major in Mathematics and Statistics in college (I've always loved math!)

11) I live 30 minutes from NYC and go there a lot, and live an hour from the Hamptons! Best of both worlds!

Here are the questions created for me by Itunu!
1) If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would it be?
*I'd love to visit Switzerland! (random I know, but I love to ski and shop!)

2) What's your favorite dessert?
*Vanilla bean ice cream! Or anything with dark chocolate!

3) What was your favorite thing to do as a child?
*I loved being outside, either playing a sport or at the beach

4) What are some of your hobbies now?
*I love track, but I'm also an avid reader and writer :) I also like to make things (aka monogram everything)

5) Who's your inspiration?
*My mom is honestly my best friend! She makes everything she does look so easy, and I can only hope to be as successful as her one day :)

6) What's your style (preppy, boho, urban, etc.)?
*I'd say my closet is decently preppy, but with a few "trendy"/boho items in the mix!

7) Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
*As the joke on pinterest says (will find a picture later!),"Financially stable with 4 kids and a range rover!" But since I'll only be 26 in 10 years, I hope to be in a career field that makes me happy (probably something in math!), and living somewhere I love :)

8) Tribal print or polka dots?
*Hmmm, I'd go with polka dots because they remind me of pompoms and I love pompom hemmed shorts!

9) Why did you decide to become a blogger?
*Like I mentioned before, I've always loved to write, and I love photography. One day I just thought "Hey, why not!" and started my blog!

10) Who is your style icon?
*Kate Middleton is basically my idol, along with the royal family!

11) What's your favorite t.v show?
*No shame, it's Dance Moms. I'm warning you, once you get sucked into the drama, you won't be able to miss an episode!!

Ok, now here are my questions!

1. Coffee, Tea, or other?

2. Are you a country or city girl?

3. What is your favorite scent (candle, body wash, etc.)?

4. Where is your favorite place in the world?

5. What's your favorite thing to blog about?

6. Are you a saver or a spender?

7. What's your favorite book?

8. What is your dream career?

9. What's your favorite season?

10. What's your prized possession?

11. What's your favorite memory?

Aaaaand here are the people I nominate! (Sorry if you've already been nominated before!)




Olivia from Triple Threat


Brianna from Golfer Prep

Emily from Emily and Dot


But that's only 6, not 11 blogs! Yes, I know! I'm still trying to figure out the blogging world and such, and so when I am able to better understand who exactly is following me (lol I'm clueless) and stuff like that, I'l be sure to tag some others! If you're like me, a newer blogger, then I highly suggest joinging a community or group on Google+! Cathleen from Classy Cathleen added me to one, and I was able to find some of my favorite blogs through there! Thanks again to Itunu for nominating me!!!


Until next time,


Ti :)





9 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me girly.. Dance Moms is one of my guilty pleasures too:)
    ~Cathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! And I'm so addcited, I watch it every week!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for nominating me! This is such a fun post and yours was adorable!

    Stay Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And no problem, it was so fun to write too :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for nominating me girly! This seems like a lot of fun & I'll be completing this soon!(: Loved to hear your 11 facts, I love DIYing as well-in fact I just did a little project where I converted cutoff jeans into a (above the knee) jean skirt! I would love to maybe do a collab with you on some fun easy projects (your pocket on the t-shirt was super cool) but now Ive turned this into too long of a comment rofl. okay back to the award (:

    Do you mind if I snag your explanation and Liebster Award pic? I had no idea what it was until you explained haha!

    {{{Kadasia}}}
    lifeslittlebitsofhappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, looking forward to your post!! And a collab sounds so fun, I'll shoot you an email soon :) Plus go ahead for the explanation and picture!

      Tianna

      Delete
    2. I'll be on the lookout !(: & thanks !

      {{{Kadasia}}}
      Lifeslittlebitsofhappiness.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. Oh yeah also if you need any help or have questions feel free to email me! I've been on blogger for about almost year (I've had two blogs during this time though-one was with my BFF (; ) & I would love to help you out if your confused with some of the settings on here!(:

    {{{Kadasia}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome Tianna! And Dance Moms is one of my favorite shows too, but I'm not sure if the show is over because a new season should have started like in June! I really hope Dance Moms isn't over!

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Funday: Monogram DIYs!

Hi guys! Today, I thought I'd share some simple and fun DIY projects with you. I've had a crazy and jam-packed couple of days last w...