Sunday, August 24, 2014

A Week in the Life {Weekly Recap}

Hi guys! So for this week's post, I was feeling pretty sentimental/inspirational and decided to do something different. Here it goes!

So basically, this post is about the past 2 weeks of my oh-so-interesting life (lol). Lately in my group of friends there has been some minor drama, which is very out of the norm for us. It's all pretty much cleared up now, but let me say one thing: I really, truly, dislike playing the mediator/taking sides.

I also received some monogram stickers in the mail! I put them on my calculator and agenda, and still have a third one I was planning on using for a folder.



My friend group situation did stress me out a bit, so what did I do? Accidentally made cookie batter for FOUR HUNDRED COOKIES (woops).


{"Ox" is a running track joke lol}
They were pretty good though, if I do say so myself ;)
Not to mention I happened to also make waaaayyyyy too much icing. But hey, it's all good.

My family also had the pleasure of being able to stay in a friend's beach house for the week. Because my work schedule allowed me to (wooo!), my mom and I drove out a few days later and stayed for a day. 

This was my FAVE part of the house!! It was a huge room facing the backyard surrounded by screens, so no bugs! It was the perf place to read, and brainstorm some blog posts (heh).

Here's also where I got a little inspiring. So on the shore close the house, we happened to find the beach literally LITTERED with perfect scallop shells! My dad and I used to always comb the beaches near us in search of perfect shells so this was super fun!

I also started thinking. The reason we got so excited was because we put value in those shells. For some people, they're probably thinking,"Ok, cool, you found something the tide washed up..." which is pretty true. But since we made the shells important, it made us happy.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is if you put some value and importance behind everyday things (even if it's someone making you a cup of coffee in the morning), it can really make you happy and life your mood :)

 Kinda going along with that, if you've been reading my blog, you know my odd macaroon obsessions. I found this print on pinterest and made it my iPhone background! It really makes me happy just to look at it :)


Busy busy week! My mom and I headed to the Hamptons one weekend and did some shopping.

I'm totally creepy, but there's Adam Sandler in the orange shirt!!
It was really nice being able to spend some time with my mom. We stopped for lunch at this adorable little cafe, and I pretty much had the best salad OF MY LIFE.


Lastly, it was one of my good friend's birthday, and she had a nice bonfire at her house! I was pretty excited to get some use out of my funky romper that's a bit of my usual style :)

That's all for today! I think for next week, I'll be doing some back to school fashion ideas, since I don't start school until the day after labor day. If you've already started, maybe you can use some of my ideas!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post so much and I think you should do them more often! What you said about putting value on the little things really is true and very inspiring. :)

    xoxo,
    Carrie
    http://carrieonblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that inspirational part where you talked about putting importance on the little things! Tianna's Words of Wisdom!

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Funday: Monogram DIYs!

Hi guys! Today, I thought I'd share some simple and fun DIY projects with you. I've had a crazy and jam-packed couple of days last w...