Monday, August 18, 2014

Make a Statement: Statement Necklace Styling!

Hi everyone! After fighting blogger for the past few days, I was finally able to get this post up (a day late, but still up)!

Recently, I've found myself wearing a lot of statement pieces, whether it be bracelets, clothing, necklaces, etc. Today I'll be showing how I like to style some of my favorite necklaces!

I was planning on getting some pictures outside, but it's basically been overcast and cloudy every time I step outside with my camera!

Here's a photo of (most!) of my statement pieces:
I like to get them from all over; some chain stores, some boutiques, online, etc. My mom and I also share them! She has the J. Crew necklace with single diamonds on it, similar in shape to the blush one 3rd from top on the right side, and she styles it so well!

One of my fave necklaces is my J. Crew Rose one. I got it at a J. Crew Factory store, and am so glad I did! I wear it so much and it's definitely easier to style than you might think.



Patterned Top
One of my favorite ways to wear this necklace is with a playful yet subtle patterned top

forgot to put on the necklace.... typical

I love the details around the collar, sleeves, and buttons!

This button up is actually a horseback riding shirt that I used wear for horse shows, and I shamelessly wear it because it's so cute!


I also love pairing it with this subtle polka dot top from J. Crew! I'm also wearing black chinos from J. Crew and my Rainbows.


Soft Neutrals
I love this "quieter" necklace I got from Francesca's because it's so versatile and adds a nice hint of color. You can also tell I actually layered it with a dainty pearl that I got at a stand in the city!


I got my SUPER comfy cardigan from a boutique in the Hamptons, and am wearing under it a plain white T as well as some light wash Ditto brand jeans.
**Speaking of the Hamptons: My mom and I recently took a day trip out there to do some shopping and I realized she was actually wearing a cute statement necklace of her own! I believe it's by Kate Spade



Like Mother Like Daughter...
So one night, my mom burst into my room exclaiming that she needed help with an outfit for a summer party! Of course I was happy to oblige. usually, she wouldn't be a statement necklace type of girl, but she totally fell in love with all of mine! Here's the one she picked out (which I totally love):
she made the blog twice so far lol
Aaaaaand here's how I wore it a while ago:



Summer White
Finally here's how I styled a white flower necklace I purchased from an online boutique which I simply can't recall!

It may be a bit too matchy-matchy for some people, but I love how this Sugar Lips tank looks with it!

I also wore it with this adorable tie-dye dress when I was in Mexico! I paired it with some white Tory Burch sandals, and think it's one of my all-tome favorite outfits.

That's all for today! I hope you liked this post, let me know how you style you favorite necklaces!

Until next time,
                          Ti

3 comments:

  1. I love all of your necklaces so much! The outfits you put together are perfect. Definitely taking away some inspiration from this post!

    xoxo,
    Carrie
    http://carrieonblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ti, I tagged you in the bloggers with class award on my blog! Let me know if you do it :) xo Kate

    longislandprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Funday: Monogram DIYs!

Hi guys! Today, I thought I'd share some simple and fun DIY projects with you. I've had a crazy and jam-packed couple of days last w...