Sunday, August 3, 2014

Past-Present-Future: Summer Days

Hi guys! Today I decided to do kind of a life update post, as I've done in the past. If you're newer to my blog, I'll explain: These types of posts are about things I've recently done/ what's happened (past), what I'm doing now (present), and what I'm looking forward to (future)!

Also, I just wanted to say that I've done some renovations on my blog page! I decided to switch up my background, fonts, and even figured out how to add Instagram and other social media widgets (which you should so follow me on ;). I've been loving the gold glitter and pastel color combination lately as well, so I threw that in both my header and background :) Let me know what you think!

Past
-Of course the one weekend I make it down to the beach, the weather gets crazy! I did have fun hanging out with my friends though :) I also snapped this photo, which I think looks pretty awesome between the sign and clouds

-As I also mentioned in previous posts, I went to Boston for a track camp! My mom and I had so much fun walking around Harvard Square, which was a 10 minute walk from our hotel. On the walk back, we saw this awesome sunset over the water

-A few days ago, I was nominated by Itunu from Beyoutiful Beauties to do the Liebster Award! It's my second most recent post, if you'd like to check it out!


Present

-As Kate Spade says, "Pop. Fizz. Clink."!!! For most of the summer, I have been doing online tests to become certified as a reading tutor for underprivileged kids who may not have the resources to pay for tutoring outside school. After what feels like forever, I at last completed the final test! Fingers crossed!

-Yesterday, my mom and I planned to take a trip to the Hamptons. But since the weather was kinda gloomy, we headed to an area closer to us that has a bunch of little boutiques! I didn't pick up too many things, but it was actually so much fun just to look around! In one small stationary store, they had a corner with glass jars, striped straws, bunting, AND chalk board labels!! Safe to say I got overly excited! 

I did decide to get two items from Lush, and a VV T-shirt from a Lilly signature store. The Lush soap was special for shark week, and smells AMAZING! I also picked out a lavender bath bomb. (Confession: I keep these in my room because that's how good they both smell!)

-If you've seen my room tour, you'd know that I have a wall in my room with different cork boards, whiteboards, and chalk boards! I decided that they looked a little crowded, and took everything off them. I'm still in the process of completing all of them, but here's a few that I've done already (there also may be a DIY post coming soon in the future...;)
I found all of these on Pinterest!


DIY Polaroid inspired pictures

 Future

-Every year, August is like down time for me in the summer. I usually don't have any more camps, and my high school has preseason at the end of the month, so I'll be super busy completing summer work (BLEH) and such. 
Someone said the other day that August is like one big Sunday, and I have to agree!! I always try to keep a positive outlook, but let's be real, who is looking forward to school stress?? I must say though, I am excited to see some friends who have been away the whole summer.

-As I mentioned before, I start my SAT class tomorrow. This is crazy for me, because it's always seemed so far away!! I'll be a junior in September, so I know I have an important year ahead.

That's all for today! I hope you enjoyed reading this post; leave a comment about what you're looking forward to!

Until next time,
                          Ti



4 comments:

  1. I have never seen anyone do a life update in this form before, and I think it is so cool! I may just have to do something like this for my next one. :)

    ~Carrie
    http://carrieonblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I tried to think of a creative way to make this post hahah :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a new reader! I love your design (which is apparently new, except I didn't know that), and the Polaroid cork board looks so cute! There definitely needs to be a DIY post about how to make those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading!! And a special DIY post is going up this Sunday :)

      Delete

Sunday Funday: Monogram DIYs!

Hi guys! Today, I thought I'd share some simple and fun DIY projects with you. I've had a crazy and jam-packed couple of days last w...