Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Summer Favorites!

Hey guys! A little while back, I was tagged by Cathleen from www.classycathleen.blogspot.com to write up a post about my June favorites! Since I'm quite a bit late on that (whoopsie), I decided to just write about some of my favorite things for the summer instead. If you haven't already, you totally need to head over to Cathleen's blog to check out her favorites, as well as her other recent posts! So, let's get started


1. Pop-Fizz-Clink (Kate Spade reference ;))
Whether I'm at the beach or at the track, my Tervis water bottle has totally been a necessity for me! I talked about it in one of my "Loving Lately" posts a few weeks ago, and am still totally obsessed. Also, Herbert's Lemonade (preferably pink!) has been my go-to beverage of choice this summer (truth: I admit I am addicted to lemonade.)

2. Shades
After breaking my rather ancient and worn Michael Kors aviators, I'd been on the hunt for some new shades. These Kate Spade ones have the perfect shaped lenses for me! I love that they're not quite a cat-eye, yet not exactly the way-farer style.

3. Pearls
'Nuff said. I recently purchased a new pair of 8.5mm pearls, and am in love!

4./5. Track Essentials
For the past 4 days, I was away at a track camp that was held at a college. Surprisingly, I actually enjoyed living in a dorm! My roomie and I became great friends in such a short time, and I met so many other great people! At camp, I loved using my Nike Sportswatch+ as well as wearing my Nike pros to keep cool.

6./7. Shoes Galore
If you're in need  of a comfy pair of flip-flops, look no further! My Rainbows are my absolute go-to sandal this summer, and I actually wear them with almost everything!

I've also been loving my Superga sneakers. I think they're a great alternative to Vans or Converse, which I feel make my feet look similar to those of a clown :P I have them in navy and a cool blue tye-dye color, and am totally lusting for these white/cream ones!

8. Denim
I love wearing denim jackets on cool summer nights, especially over a maxi dress. I got a lighter wash one from Gap, and so recommend their jackets! Also: keep on the lookout for this jacket (along with some other denim) in a near-future post! *hinthint* ;)

9. Show Some Spirit
There are few things that feel better than slipping into a comfy spirit jersey after a day at the beach or pool and unwinding as the sun sets. I have a few of them, but my lavender Souther Shirt Company (similar one here) one definitely takes the cake.

10./11. Travel 
So far this summer, I've done a bit of traveling. I went to Mexico with some friends, a college for a track program, and this weekend I'm off to another school for-you guessed it-another track camp. My Vera Bradley duffel bag has been a life saver when it comes to lugging everything around-in style of course! I also love to use my Vineyard Vines tote as a beach bag, carry on, etc.

12. Summer Reading
As much as all of us want to think about it, summer school work unfortunately still exists. Sigh. My annotations for all my assigned summer readings have been written on some cute post-its, which some of you may know is yet another one of my addictions (see what I mean here!).

That's about it! If you have noticed, I sort of got into the rhythm of posting towards the middle of the week rather than my usual Sunday schedule. This is pretty much due to all of my traveling recently! Hopefully I can get back to Sundays after this weekend, which (should) be my last weekend from home for a while! See you all later!

Until next time,
                          Ti

P.S. Here's a picture of one of the beautiful beaches from my Mexico trip!


1 comment:

Sunday Funday: Monogram DIYs!

Hi guys! Today, I thought I'd share some simple and fun DIY projects with you. I've had a crazy and jam-packed couple of days last w...