Sunday, October 5, 2014

Autumn Kicks: 3 Fall Outfits


Hi guys! I don't know about you, but this past week has been absolutely killing me! I have a busy week ahead of me as well, but next week's post is one I'm super excited for so keep an eye out ;)

Today I'll be showing you three of my favorite fall shoes, and how I like to style them!
I live in New York, and it's been pretty chilly lately, especially in the mornings. So, as much as it pains me to say it, it's time to pack away the Jack Rogers and Rainbow flip flops for the season *cue sad music* But at the same time, I can't wait to wear my favorite boots!

Classic Boots
I searched high and low to find these boots in my size, and am so glad that I did! These are from Steve Madden, and are probably my favorite pair of boots (yes, even more than my Tory Burch!)
My family goes ham when it comes to decorating :P
This Free People shirt matched the boots perfectly!
The key with boots that hit at your knee, in my opinion, is to wear either some skinny jeans or a pair of leggings (yes, I do dare wear leggings as pants! They're great quality, I swear!).

 If you opt for a looser fitting pant, it can create the illusion that your upper legs are wider than they really are, so I think a tighter pant really accentuates everything you want to and nothing you don't :)


Ankle Booties
I got these adorable little ankle boots last year, but actually had ZERO clue on how to style them! While this outfit is a bit out of my comfort zone, I really love it. I paired these Matisse boots with some boyfriend jeans from Gap, and a super soft flowy white Tee.
I usually shy away from boyfriend jeans for two reasons: 1) my extremely long and lanky legs usually make the jeans hit at a weird spot on my leg, and 2) I honestly can't fill them out, and they tend to look baggy on me! Nevertheless, I think they totally work :)

I think that a pant with looser bottoms or ones that roll up, like boyfriend jeans, are great for short boots because otherwise for me, it looks like my ankles are sorta awkwardly small... Hopefully I'm making sense, but yeah, I opt for a flowier bottom pant :)


Flats
The new Tory Burch Revas are God-sent! Ok, that might be an exaggeration, but I am in LOVE!
I'm a lover of any ballet flat to start with, and these gold Revas are no different

For me, cuffed jeans and ballet flats go together like PB & jelly (which I ironically dislike...but you get the point!). I chose a simple white oxford and my new favorite Anthropology scarf, along with a dark wash pair of Ditto jeans. 

I love this outfit because it has a simple color palette, but still looks sophisticated!

(P.S. Can we just take moment to appreciate out Halloween/ Autumn decorations... I'm obsessed.)

That's all for today! I'm so glad to get this post up finally, especially since these pictures were taken last week. But... school.... need I say more?? See you guys next week!

Until next time, 
Ti








2 comments:

  1. All of these outfits are so cute! I really like the 1st one!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Funday: Monogram DIYs!

Hi guys! Today, I thought I'd share some simple and fun DIY projects with you. I've had a crazy and jam-packed couple of days last w...