Sunday, September 14, 2014

Loving Lately: Early Fall Favorites

Hey guys! Today I'm gonna be telling you about some of my recent obsessions, especially since fall is coming upon us! I live in the Northeast, and I honestly feel like it went from 85 to 60 degrees LIKE THAT (hey, I don't hate it). Aaaaaaaany who, here are a few of my favorite things (ha-who else sang that in their head??)

1) Transitioning Pieces

This outfit above has been one of my absolute FAVES recently! Yes, I totally, completely, without a doubt splurged on these Tory Burch Revas! Do not fear though; my mom was oh-so-kind as to split the price with me, of course with the ultimatum that we share ;) Lemme just say that for the record: yes, they are immensely stiff before you break them in, but the new design without the elastic is 100X more comfortable!

I picked up this baby pink infinity scarf from Anthropology, and it's actually the softest thing I own!! My Gap jeans have been a recent go-to as well, and they're surprisingly loose yet flattering :)

When I really feel like looking quite polished (ie. any day I DON'T have gym!), I like to wear statement pants! These ones are from J. Crew, and I personally think they flatter any body type. I paired them with these (again, baby pink-aka my fave neutral) Nine West Flats, and a statement necklace from a local boutique.

2) Beauty Department: Colored Lip

Though I usually tend to just grab some chapstick in the morning, my Revlon lip butters have really changed my ways! Specifically in the fall, I can almost always be seen wearing the color "Raspberry Pie", pictured in the middle. What I love about the lip butters is that they feel like a balm, and I found that they dry a bit matte, so they last the whole day! Seriously, I think everyone needs Raspberry Pie!!


3) Nails & Jewels

I've been a bit tired and stressed lately; not only from school, but also because I seem to have come down with a cold. A fresh mani can really make you feel rejuvenated! It really didn't photograph well, but Essie's After School Boy Blazer is one of my favorite darker colors for the fall! It's the perfect navy blue, and I can already tell I'll be coming back to it ;) And although it isn't specifically fall-related, I've been wearing more rings recently. Above are some of my top picks :)


 4) Moisturize
 With colder weather comes dry skin; that is, unless, you have a good body lotion! This one is my all-time-without-a-doubt-FAVORITE! It's Sabon's butter cream in the scent "Sweet Summer." The best way I think I can describe it is to compare it to a certain Loreal hair detangler-you know, that one in the green bottle? It's the perfect balance of sweet and fruity without being overbearing, and people actually compliment me on it!

5) Snackin'

Alright, this one's pretty random, but my mom and I made a trip to Trader Joe's and picked up the famous Cookie Butter! I'm warning you now: it's honestly SO addicting!!! I love to dip some honey wheat pretzels in this mixture of deliciousness, and it makes the perf indulging snack combo of salty and sweet.

6) Throwback...Friday?
VV pajamas because why not...
So on Friday night, some friends and I decided to get together and watch a movie; and what we came up with was the Lizzie McGuire Movie! One of my friends suggested that we all wear our pajamas, and it was a really fun night! We plan on doing something like this each week, and it's definitely a fun and relaxing reward after a week chock-full of school and track.



That's all I have for you guys today! What are you looking forward to this fall? Let me know!

Until next time,
Ti




2 comments:

  1. Love the Fall favs! & I love your outfits <3 makes me even more excited to dress for Fall myself! haha(:
    & I would love to tell you that I have chosen you for the Blogger With Class Award! The post will be up on my blog on Monday (Sept 22), I hope you can participate!(:

    {{{Kadasia}}}
    lifeslittlebitsofhappiness,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kadasia! I'll definitely be on the lookout for it :)

      Delete

Sunday Funday: Monogram DIYs!

Hi guys! Today, I thought I'd share some simple and fun DIY projects with you. I've had a crazy and jam-packed couple of days last w...