Sunday, September 21, 2014

Attest to Stress: How to take a Break

Hi guys! I had a few ideas for today's post, but with school being oh-so-prevalent in everyone's lives, I decided to write about some ways to relax with the hustle and bustle of exams, AP classes, SATs... Oy vey. I'll stop before everyone gets stressed just thinking about it! So, here are some ways I like to take a break!

1. Take a Hike
I love to just go for a jog when I start to get uneasy about school work! If you're not a runner like me, then take your pet, best friend, or anyone else and just go for a walk. I think fresh air does wonders for the mind, and it really clears out my mind! 
These Lululemon shorts are definitely my favorites!
If you're able to, I love cracking a window and letting some fresh air in as well; I live in a suuuuper quiet neighborhood, so there's never much going on and I can relax :)



2. Light a Candle
Especially since fall is just around the corner (2 days to be exact!), I think it's a great idea to pick up some festive candles! It's honestly hysterical how happy I get when I walk in the house to find that my mom is burning my favorite candle (Cinnamon Pecan Swirl)!

It's also been scientifically proven (really!) that different scents while studying actually help you retain new information; what a great excuse!
On a random note, we just decorated my house for autumn, and lemme say that it's definitely making me more accepting of the chilly weather!

3. Get baking
I know that some of my friends as well as so many other people turn to food when they get stressed. Instead of grabbing a not-so-healthy snack, why not bake! I like to pick something that doesn't take a lot of time and isn't super complicated, so that way you won't get frustrated if it doesn't come out perfect (let's be real, when have I ever baked anything remotely normal)! After going through Pinterest, here are some of my top recipes:


4. Get together with some friends
If you're feeling pounded by school, I think it's a great idea to have some friends over! I did this recently with a group of girls, and we had a bonfire! It was a lot of fun, and great to just talk to everyone and know that we're all in the same boat when it comes to school stress.

That's all for today! I had a crazy exam-filled week this past week, so I'm planning on having a post next week with some more of my own pictures :) Have a great week everyone!

Also, let me know how you combat stress!! (really, I could use some of your advice too!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Funday: Monogram DIYs!

Hi guys! Today, I thought I'd share some simple and fun DIY projects with you. I've had a crazy and jam-packed couple of days last w...